Please read the Guidelines & Rules before submitting.
8 May 2019
Benaki Museum / Pireos138
June – July 2019
Young Greek Photographers is an annual juried exhibition that seeks to promote Greek talented artists, between the ages of 18-35, to be exhibited and introduced to a wide audience and network of photography professionals.
The selected projects will be presented to the public as part of the Athens Photo Festival 2019 at the Benaki Museum.
Each proposal should contain a maximum of 15 images based on a particular idea or theme, not necessarily related to the theme of the Festival.
1.4 Entry Deadline
Proposals must be submitted no later than 8 May, 2019.
1.4 Selection Committee
The Selection Committee consists of:
Manolis Moresopoulos (Director of the Athens Photo Festival)
Hercules Papaioannou (Curator at the MOMus – Thessaloniki Museum of Photography)
Penelope Petsini (Historian of Photography, Professor at the Department of Political Science and History of Panteion University)
2. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND MATERIAL
2.1 How to Enter
There are two ways in which you may submit:
• Apply online through the online entry form and submit all required entry materials (see below).
• Apply by post or courier (at the sender’s expense). Please download the form and sent it along with all required entry materials (see below). Please consider that the Athens Photo Festival will not be able to send back any received material. Submissions by post must be mailed to the following address:
Hellenic Centre for Photography
Stratigou Kontouli 3
117 42 Athens, Greece
2.2 Entry Material
All entries must include the following:
• An official Entry Form properly completed.
• A complete body of work with (15 images).
Entry materials will be destroyed or discarded by the Festival once the selection process has been completed.
2.3 Images Specifications
Entries must be in digital format with the following technical specifications:
• File format: JPG (saved at level 12 compression)
• Resolution: Images should be saved at 72dpi
• Size: Images must be sized to 1500 pixels on their longest dimension.
• Image file names: The files must be titled with the photographer’s last name and a sequential image number. For example: yourlastname_01.jpg.
Create a single compressed folder named with Latin characters with your lastname_firstname, that contains all the images. You can only upload following files format: zip, rar, tar, sit, sitx. The submitted folder size can be no more than 30 MB. Use ‘Choose file’ and click ‘Submit’ to submit your compressed folder. The uploading process may take a few minutes. A confirmation email will be sent to your email address immediately after your successfully uploaded folder.
2.4 Multiple Entries
You may submit more than one project, however each entry must be submitted with its own completed submission form.
2.5 Receipt Confirmation
Upon receipt, an email confirmation will be sent to the person designated as submitter on the entry form.
3. SELECTED PROJECTS
3.1 Selection Process
Once the submission process has been completed, a three-member Selection Committee is responsible for drawing up a shortlist and selecting the participants.
3.2 Selection Criteria
While it is difficult to define selection criteria, the Selection Committee looks for work, arranged in a coherent series, that reflects the personal vision of an artist and challenges and engages audiences in a truly original way.
3.3 Status Notification
All artists will be notified by email of their submission status by 16 May 2018.
The selected projects will be presented in the official Festival catalogue. A printed edition of the catalogue will be mailed to key industry professionals around the world, intended to be used as reference material.
The selected projects will be presented on the Festival’s website and be part of the Festival’s promotional campaign in print and online media, increase awareness of the selected works in the photography community.
By submitting their proposal, artists confirm that they have read and accept these rules governing their participation, which are considered as an integral part of the Guidelines & Rules.