Open Call for Artists & Photographers
Submit Your Work
Submission Category: Exhibition Program
Entry Deadline: 14 May, 2020
01. Get Exhibited
The selected projects will be exhibited at the Benaki Museum in July 2020, as part of the main program.
02. Get Published
The selected projects will be presented on the Festival’s catalogue as well as featured online.
03. Get Connected
The selected artists will get their work in front of an international network of professionals, and cultural producers.
Athens Photo Festival 2020 is accepting submissions from emerging and established artists and photographers from around the world for its Exhibition Program. If you are considering submitting to the Festival, please read the General Guidelines for Submission and Participation.
Athens Photo Festival aims to feature a selection of over 100 projects from all over the world. Exploring diverse cultural, artistic, social and political perspectives, the Festival welcomes a wide variety of works from all the image-based genres, ranging from fine art and conceptual to documentary and photojournalism, photo-based installations, interactive content and multimedia works.
The selected projects will be presented to the public as part of the Main Program of the Athens Photo Festival 2020 at the Benaki Museum / Pireos 138, one of the most prestigious museums in Greece.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak the deadline for submissions has been extended to 14 May, 2020.
How to Enter
You can through the online entry form and submit all required entry materials.
What does my entry include?
• Submission review by the Athens Photo Festival for exhibition programming consideration.
• Finalists will be exhibited during the Athens Photo Festival 2020.
• Contribution to the production cost of the works included in the Main Program.
• 50 additional artists will be invited to present their work in a special screening event.
• 20 finalists will have the opportunity to participate for free to the International Portfolio Reviews.
• 5 finalists under the age of 35, will have the opportunity to participate for free to the APhF:TalentLab, a professional development program for emerging artists.
• 100 runners-up will have the opportunity for a 6-month presence on APhF:TalentPool, a by-invitation-only platform, to showcase their work as well as introduce them to 100+ influential industry professionals from all around the world, who are always willing to discover ‘new’ photography from emerging or established artists.
WHY SHOULD YOU SUBMIT TO THE ATHENS PHOTO FESTIVAL 2020?
With a history of over 30 years, Athens Photo Festival, maintained and enhanced its standings as the leading international festival of photography in Southeastern Europe, and reinforced its commitment to improve Athens reputation for being a premier photo destination for interstate and international visitors.
The mission of the Athens Photo Festival is to provide a platform for artists and photographers to make new connections and reach the widest possible audience for their work. Last year’s international open call attracted submissions from all over the world, with more than 90% of the submissions coming from outside of Greece. The final selection included 102 artists from 35 countries.
Athens Photo Festival is one of the most visited photography events in Europe. The evolution of the audience over the past editions proved a success, attracting over 60.000 visitors. The main program will take place from 1 to 26 July 2020, at the Benaki Museum, one of the oldest and most prestigious museums in Greece. Athens as an emblematic place of the fast-changing global situation, provides a significant artistic and intellectual context where questions about the complexities of today’s world can be raised and discussed.
Over the past few years, the Festival has expanded steadily, with more international guests from more different countries attending each year. Among the guests are directors, artists, curators, and art professionals from all over the world.
Athens Photo Festival is a member of the European Month of Photography (EMoP), a network comprised of photography festivals in 8 European capitals that aims to foster collaboration on joint projects within a European context.