The Athens Photo Festival’s international Portfolio Reviews offer a meeting space that promotes networking and exchange among international experts and photographers at all levels. 25 museum directors and curators, festival directors, publishers, editors, and other industry professionals from different countries gather in Athens to meet in person with registered photographers and to provide advice and constructive feedback in a supporting environment.
The one-on-one review meetings will take place on Monday and Tuesday 24-25 June 2019 at the Benaki Museum / Pireos 138 in Athens. Photographers can register for eight 20-minute individual sessions. The reviewers will award the “Best Portfolios” and the winners will have the chance to exhibit at the Athens Photo Festival 2020.
Participating photographers will be given the opportunity to select the reviewers they want to meet. The organisation will do the best to schedule them with as many of their preferences as possible. A preference request form listing all of the reviewers will be sent, once the registration process is completed.
As a registered photographer you receive:
• Minimum of 8 scheduled meetings.
• The portfolios that reviewers voted as their favorite will be exhibited as part of the Athens Photo Festival 2020.
• 40 photographers will have the opportunity for a 12-month presence on APhF:Connections, a by-invitation-only online platform, to showcase their work as well as introduce them to 100+ important people in the field of photography, who are interested in discovering photographers from around the globe.
• Networking opportunities with your peers.
• Admission to the main exhibition and a free catalogue of the Athens Photo Festival 2019.
Submit your portfolio for free
Applicants must fill in the application form, available on the website, along with their portfolio and a short project description. Registration fee for the selected photographers is €100 for eight 20-minute sessions with eight reviewers.
During the meetings photographers are allowed to show to experts multiple series of work, but only one project must be submitted in the process of registration. The number of participants is limited, so early registration is encouraged.
Monday and Tuesday, 24-25 June, 2019. The Portfolio Reviews are divided into four time blocks over two days – each day from 10am to 1pm and 2:30pm to 5pm.