Athens Photo Festival is a non-profit organization, and needs everyone’s support to realize such an ambitious project. In addition to the core volunteers who compose the organizational committee, a large number of volunteers are essential in the effective execution of the Festival’s projects and activities, in a wide range of needs and roles. Volunteering at the Athens Photo Festival is a great way to experience the festival, meet new people, engage in contemporary art, and play a vital role in promoting and celebrating photography.
The Festival uses volunteers year-round, and especially during the Festival, so we seek volunteers with maximum availability during May-July. We recognize your time is precious, and can be flexible in consideration of people’s busy schedules.
We are seeking volunteers for a wide variety of areas and levels of responsibility.
– Exhibition installation support
– Venues managers
– Welcoming guests
– Administrative assistants
– Web and social media editors
– Press office assistants
– Assisting in parallel events
– Filming and editing
In recognition of their commitment and service, volunteers will receive the following non-financial rewards:
– A learning experience
– Catalogue of the exhibitions and events
– Reduced admission and priority notification for APhF:17 and HCP courses, talks and events
– Invitations to a special insider event
– Volunteer Certificate of recognition and appreciation, after its completion.
– Free admission to the Festival’s exhibitions
– Festival volunteers are listed by name in the Official APhF:16 Catalogue in recognition of their dedication and service.
Volunteers should be able to commit to a minimum of forty hours within a two-month period. Some responsibilities require volunteers to stand for extended periods. Please indicate in your application if this is not tenable for you so alternate assignments can be made.
Applications are now being accepted for all those wishing to volunteer for the Athens Photo Festival 2017. We will review your application once it has been submitted and contact you with volunteer opportunities that match your requests.
All volunteers are scheduled by using the APhF:17 Volunteer Shiftboard.