The selected projects will be presented on the Festival’s catalogue as well as featured online.
Selected artists will get their work in front of an international network of professionals.
Thank you for your interest in submitting your work to the Athens Photo Festival 2017. The Festival is accepting submissions from emerging and established artists and photographers from all over the world, for its Main Programme.
Please read our Guidelines & Rules, before submitting your work.
Proposals must be submitted no later than 10 April, 2017.
How to Enter
There are two ways in which you may submit:
• Apply through the online form and submit all required entry materials.
• Apply by post or courier
What does my submission fee include?
• Submission to the 2017 Festival for exhibition programming consideration.
• Contribution to the production cost of the works included in the Main Programme.
• Accommodation for the international guests for two nights.
• 20 finalists will have the opportunity to participate for free to the International Portfolio Reviews in Athens.
• 100 finalists will have the opportunity for a 6-month presence on APhF:Connections, a dedicated by-invitation-only platform to showcase their work as well as introduce them to 100+ influential industry professionals from all around the world, who are always willing to discover ‘new’ photography from emerging or established artists. This is a non-official section, independent of the Festival’s curatorial team.
• 5 finalists under the age of 35, will have the opportunity to participate for free to the APhF Talent Lab, a four-day platform for emerging image makers.
Entry fee is 20 € per submission. Each applicant may submit up to three entries of up to 20 photographs per submission.
For further information, please contact us.
WHY SHOULD YOU SUBMIT TO THE ATHENS PHOTO FESTIVAL 2017?
With a history of 30 years, Athens Photo Festival, maintained and enhanced its standings as the leading international festival of photography in Southeastern Europe, and reinforced its commitment to improve Athens reputation for being a premier photo destination for interstate and international visitors.
The mission of the Athens Photo Festival is to provide a platform for artists and photographers to make new connections and reach the widest possible audience for their work. Last year’s international open call attracted submissions from all over the world, with more than 85% of the submissions coming from outside of Greece. The final selection included 97 artists from 36 countries.
Athens Photo Festival is one of the most visited photography events in Europe. The evolution of the audience over the past editions proved a success, attracting over 60.000 visitors. The main programme will take place from 7 June to 30 July 2017, at the Benaki Museum, one of the oldest and most prestigious museums in Greece. Athens as an emblematic place of the fast-changing global situation, provides a significant artistic and intellectual context where questions about the complexities of today’s world can be raised and discussed.
Over the past few years, the Festival has expanded steadily, with more international guests from more different countries attending each year. Among the guests are directors, artists, curators, and art professionals from all over the world. In addition, the festival’s website has become (according to Alexa Traffic Rank) the third most visited site from all the photography festival’s websites in the world.
Athens Photo Festival is a member of the European Month of Photography (EMoP), a network comprised of photography festivals in 8 European capitals that aims to foster collaboration on joint projects within a European context.