The selected projects will be presented on the Festival’s catalogue as well as featured online
Selected artists will get their work in front of an international network of professionals
Thank you for your interest in submitting your work to the Athens Photo Festival 2016. The Festival is accepting submissions from emerging and established artist and photographers from all over the world, for its Main Programme.
Please read our Guidelines & Rules, before submitting your work.
Proposals must be submitted no later than 28 March, 2016.
How to Enter
There are two ways in which you may submit:
• Apply through the online form and submit all required entry materials.
• Apply by post or courier
What does my submission fee include?
• Submission to the 2016 Festival for exhibition programming consideration.
• Contribution in the production cost of works included in the Main Programme.
• Accommodation for the international guests for two nights.
• 100 finalists will have the opportunity for a 12-month presence on APhF:International Connections, an online platform to showcase their work as well as introduce them to 80+ influential industry professionals from all around the world, who are always willing to discover ‘new’ photography from emerging or established artists. This is a non-official section, independent of the Festival’s curatorial team.
• 20 finalists will have the opportunity to participate for free to the International Portfolio Reviews 2016 in Athens.
• 5 finalists will have the opportunity to participate for free to the Professional Development Workshop 2016 in Athens, to further develop their practice and bring it with the help of international experts to the next level.
Entry fee is 18 € per submission. Each applicant may submit up to three entries of up to 20 photographs per submission. All submission fees can be paid by PayPal. The alternative is to pay by International Money Order, bank deposit (only in Greece) or web transfer.
For further information, please contact us.
WHY SHOULD YOU SUBMIT TO THE ATHENS PHOTO FESTIVAL 2016?
Athens Photo Festival is the leading international festival of photography in Southeastern Europe and a premier cultural event in Athens. The main programme will take place throughout June and July 2016, at the Benaki Museum, one of the oldest and most prestigious museums in Greece.
The mission of the Athens Photo Festival is to provide a platform for artists/photographers to make new connections and reach the widest possible audience for their work. Last year’s international open call attracted submissions from over 80 countries, with more than 80% of the submissions coming from outside of Greece. The final selection included 97 artists from 39 countries.
Athens Photo Festival is one of the most visited photography events in Europe. The evolution of the audience over the past editions proved an astounding success, attracting over 52.000 visitors. Over the past few years, the Festival has expanded steadily, with more international guests from more different countries attending each year. Among the guests are directors, artists, curators, and art professionals from all over the world. In addition, the festival’s website has become (according to Alexa Traffic Rank) the third most visited site from all the photo festival’s websites in the world.
Athens Photo Festival is a member of the European Month of Photography (EMoP), a network comprised of photography festivals in 8 European capitals that aims to foster collaboration on joint projects within a European context.
ATHENS BERLIN BRATISLAVA BUDAPEST LJUBLJANA LUXEMBOURG PARIS VIENNA